Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 July 2012

Yellow Legged at North Cave

I was out after work on Wednesday and had originally been considering Blacktoft Sands but a lack of petrol prompted me to go to the nearer North Cave Wetlands, the reserve was generally quiet, apart from the breeding stuff a couple of Common Sandpipers were the best of it but the weather was better than expected with a fair bit of sunshine so I was happy doing a bit of photography. I’d noticed from the sightings board that a 2cy Yellow Legged Gull first seen a couple of weeks ago was still being seen on and off and after being teased by a Lesser Black Backed in the afternoon  I had an interesting looking Gull fly in during the early evening, it looked to drop in to Island Lake so I back tracked to the Turret Hide and found it was the Yellow Legged Gull that had dropped in for a drink and to bathe.


juv Little Grebe




Tufted brood


LBB Gull


Looked quite pale in some light



Wasted a lot of time trying to photograph these

more Oystercatchers




interesting looking Gull


proved to be the 2cy Yellow Legged

fending off Black Headed's





several pairs of Common Terns also

No comments:

Post a Comment