Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 July 2012

Thunder and Spotshanks


Out after work and I thought I'd go and see what was happening down at Blacktoft Sands, I drove through a pretty hefty thunderstorm coming through Howden it created a lot of standing water but fortunately had gone through by the time I got to Blacktoft although a couple more passed over while I was there, the reserve was generally fairly quiet although a few Waders are starting to appear now most notably two Green Sandpipers, two Greenshanks and half a dozen Spotted Redshanks on Marshland Lagoon, as to be expected with all the rain the lagoons are still very full and whether this affects Wader passage or not remains to be seen, the only other things of note were a Little Egret high over and the Harriers making the most in between showers.



as the noisy brigade entered the hide


Swans in the rain









No comments:

Post a Comment