Total Pageviews

Friday 18 May 2012

Strensall

A midweek visit to Strensall Common with photographing Cuckoo and/or Tree Pipit in mind, I managed both but I couldn't get anywhere near the Cuckoo before it disappeared and the Tree Pipit just wouldn't pose in the right place, ah well next time maybe. At least two Wood Lark sang briefly and one was calling a lot and keeping an eye on the Cuckoo when it was in the vicinity, I don't know whether they are used as hosts or not, I also imagined I saw a male Stonechat at one point but on further investigation I only managed to find a few Linnets, a female Wheatear and a male Reed Bunting.

a very distant Cuckoo










these two would have been ok but it hid behind the branch


a couple of quick snaps of a fly by Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment