Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 November 2016

Bandits and Phalaropes

A nice day today so I thought I would head to Alkborough as the Bearded Reedlings have been showing well in recent weeks, as they were this morning and although I didn’t get the photographic session I had hoped for I did manage a few nice shots. Also the Western Swamphen, which will probably spend the rest of its days here, was showing across from the hide and although still distant was looking quite resplendent in the sunshine, plus a good selection of Waders including a couple of Spotted Redhanks, two or three Marsh Harriers hunting, a handful of Cetti’s Warblers singing and a Stonechat made for a pleasant mornings birdwatch.  I called off at Far Ings on the way back but it was fairly quiet there so I carried on to spend the afternoon at Tophill Low, the Grey Phalarope on D Reservoir was soon located but as expected was fairly distant, I had a potter around for what was left of the afternoon but the only other highlight was a Tawny Owl calling from woodland near South Marsh East.
Bearded Bandits


more Moustached really


The Swamphen also put in an appearance





Avocets looking nice in the sunshine





the Grey Phal at Tophill having a fly around

but landed miles away

No comments:

Post a Comment