Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Over the Bridge

Day off today and with nothing much about I decided to head over the Humber Bridge calling first at Far Ings, I was half hoping some Bearded Reedlings may be showing but it was probably a bit too windy and I failed to see or hear any, in fact the whole reserve was fairly quiet the only bird of note being a drake Pintail on Ness Lake. I decided to try my luck at Alkborough, there was a good selection of Waders that included a few late Ruff and a Spotted Redshank, a couple of Little Egrets worked the channels, two or three Marsh Harriers hunted over the reedbeds and a small flock of Pinkfeet flew over but there was nothing to get the pulses racing. Mid-afternoon I returned to Far Ings and entering the Ness Hide I discovered a Kingfisher was in attendance sat on the provided perches in front of the hide, I took a few photos of it as a couple of Cetti’s Warblers sang nearby but it wasn’t long before the light started to fade so I called it a day. 
probably a first winter moulting into adult plumage

hunting in pairs


putting the Lapwing to flight


a lone Spotted Redshank

Pinkfeet going over

afternoon poser






No comments:

Post a Comment