Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 December 2015

Brant

With nothing any better on offer I headed down to Spurn this morning for the Black Brant, in fact two had been reported yesterday, I espied a number of Brent Geese on the Humber foreshore as I passed the Crown and Anchor so I stopped, had a scan through them and managed to find one of the Brants however they flew off within 10-15 mins, I relocated the flock a bit later in a field just outside Kilnsea and although they were a bit distant a scan through with the scope found the Black Brant again, nothing much else in the area though. My plan for the afternoon was to tour around Sunk Island in search of Harriers, I called first at Welwick Marsh but it was very quiet just a Peregrine hunting the Lapwing, then I had a slow drive around what is a very promising  but vast area, although the best I managed was a Buzzard and a small covey of Grey Partridge. I made a stop at Stone Creek where there was a sizeable flock of Fieldfares feeding on the berries, a Kingfisher flew upstream and a Barn Owl was out hunting nearby, I then made my way home calling in at North Cave Wetlands for the last half hour, good views of another Barn Owl there. 
Brents on the Humber

included this Black Brant




time to go

found them again later, the Brant is right in the middle

Grey Partridge always nice to see


Fieldfare at Stone Creek


a few Redwings as well







Barn Owl at North Cave



No comments:

Post a Comment