Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 March 2014

Staveley

I had a free afternoon and I’ve been meaning to visit the YWT Staveley Nature Reserve between Boroughbridge and Knaresborough for some time now, so I did just that, a Red Kite was seen near Arkendale en route and two Buzzards went over the car park as I arrived, its a nice little reserve and there was a good selection of Waterfowl split between the two lagoons including a pair of Scaup on the West Lagoon although a bit distant for the camera, a couple of feeding station have been set up near the hides and they were being attended by a good number of Tits, Tree Sparrows, Finches and Buntings as well as Pheasants, Partridges and a Water Rail, I had a pleasant afternoon strolling around this reserve and look forward to a Spring visit.


pair of Scaup






a good selection attending the feeders





plus some more unusual guests




a Heron in the reeds


No comments:

Post a Comment