Total Pageviews

Monday 9 November 2015

A dip in the Wash

A couple of weeks ago a juv Pallid Harrier was seen flying South at Spurn, a few days later it was relocated at Donna Nook where it hung around for a day or two before moving South again, remarkably it was picked up again around Gibraltar Point where it has been showing on and off over this past week finally giving itself up yesterday showing well several times throughout the day and as such it prompted me to head off there this morning feeling fairly confident of getting my second sighting of this species. I arrived just after 9am and was informed the bird had already been seen and had headed off North so I went out to “Lill’s Hut” and joined the small group of birders awaiting its reappearance, unfortunately it didn't come back today, this species continuing to elude me, after seeing the Winterton bird in 2006 I have now dipped four or five. There was some Raptor action though, Marsh and Hen Harriers were about, including a fine male of the latter, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk and Merlin showing off their hunting skills, also a small party of Whooper Swans went over early morning and several parties of Siskins headed South and of course Little Egrets everywhere. Can't believe it I didn't take any pics today.

No comments:

Post a Comment