Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 July 2014

A little Beauty

A morning visit to Strensall Common in search of the Dark Bordered Beauty Moth, I've been after seeing this Moth, which occurs at this and just one other site in England, for a few years now and last year I finally managed to find the area of the Common they occur although a week or so too late, I first tried this year at the beginning of the month without success but this morning I was successful, I saw at least three, one unfortunately being taken by a Common Darter, a few Small Heath and Small Skippers were around just to confuse matters although they had quite a different flight action, I didn’t really concentrate on the birds much but a Tree Pipit was singing distantly and a Spotted Flycatcher was nice to see near the Car Park.





No comments:

Post a Comment